Saturday, April 6, 2013

David Hockney Inspired Collages

"Morphed" S.Smith 2013
 At first, I was set on just taking photos of my sister and putting parts of her face together, but as we took the shots, I decided I'd take a few shots of my own face in the same position and try piecing our different features into one face. I like how it came out because it looks pretty unusual. I didn't match up everything perfectly even and aligned because that's not how my pictures came out and it makes the collage look more varied.
"Merrill Park" S.Smith 2013
I was worried about taking pictures of this landscape at first, because i took a lot of pictures and they were all very similar. What I ended up piecing together is not entirely the true image, but I like how my individual pictures morphed it into what you see here. Changing some of the curves and contrast on the individual images also helped it look more like a collage and I'm happy that they all fit together into this one coherent image.

1 comment:

  1. David Hockney has always been interested by scenery and the impact that light and the changing seasons have on them.

    Offer Waterman & Co.

    ReplyDelete